Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Welcome to 2009

So the holidays are finally over a life has slowed back down to something that resembles a normal pace. I hate how crazy everything seems to get around Christmas time. I feel like I don't get to enjoy the holidays any more since it's always rush rush rush. But in all the rush rush rush, I did manage to get a few more things on my list done. But first, one of several changes that I'm going to be making to the list:

I'm replacing #97: Replace my recliner with a new goal of Join a Gym. First, because I don't really need to replace my recliner and I realized when I was shopping for my couch that I don't have enough room to get the big over sized chair that I want, so I'm just going to live with it for now. Second, I need to join a gym so that I can workout and lift weights while the weather is nasty. (It's snowing right now and it's been raining all week.)

I'll probably be replacing a few more things over the next few weeks, but for right now, that is it.

Now, on to the updates:

#1 Take a Multivitamin every day for 1 month: I started this on Monday (1/5/09) and so far I haven't missed a day. I'm hoping to keep it up for the entire month (and beyond). Maybe by then I'll have made it a habit and I can keep on keeping on.

#57 Write in my Journal once a week for 3 months: I also started this with the first of the year. I figured it was a good time to start something new. Plus, I realized how much I enjoy being able to go back and read about what I was thinking and feeling and doing at various points in my life. I've kept a journal since I was in 8th Grade (Mrs. Nation's English Class) and while I haven't always written in it all that often, I have never not had a journal since then and I tend to take it with me everywhere I go.

#61 Get into UK's Ovarian Cancer Screening Program: I finally looked up the number today and made the call. My appointment is for February 4th (ironically enough since Mom's anniversary is February 9th). It is a great program and I've been meaning to get myself in since I turned 25.

#65 Be 1st Author on a Manuscript: Before the holiday break, I had written up the project I took as a poster to NNTS this summer. My boss helped me edit it and we sent it out just before Christmas. We haven't heard anything back yet (not that I expected we would have) but it is still exciting to know that there is a paper out there in the world with my name listed first.

#70 Create a Budget: This seems all the more important now, in this uncertain economic time, so I sat down just after the first of the year and made up my budget for the year. I had been tracking my spending during all of last year, so I was able to see where my money was going and where I needed to cut back. Now, I just need to stick to the budget and all will be well....

#74 Clean out my Old Clothes and Donate them to Goodwill: I haven't actually made it to Goodwill yet, but I did clean out my closets the other day and got 4 bags of clothes to take away. I got rid of everything that didn't fit right or was old and crappy looking and most everything that I hadn't worn in over a year. I still have tons of clothes, which is kind of scary, but at least I know that everything in my closet fits now.

#86 Clean out the Closet on my Balcony: I took the opportunity while I was putting away all my Christmas stuff (which is the majority of what is out there in that closet) to clean out a bunch of junk. Now it is all neat and organized and I can actually get stuff in and out without starting a land slide.

No comments: