Monday, September 29, 2008

I'll get by with a little help from my friends....

So, this weekend was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure here in Lexington and my friend Sarah got a team together to participate. We got together last weekend to make our T-shirts for the race (which was a blast) and then met up before the race early Saturday morning.


I wasn't expecting to run very fast. I had been too busy to do much running lately and there were several thousand people at the race so things were a bit congested. But I was running with Sarah (who runs a lot more than me and runs a lot faster than me) and apparently she pushed me quite a bit. So, despite my lack of preparation and the masses of people that had Sarah and I literally running on the sidewalk for awhile, I managed to run a personal best time of 28 min 39 seconds.


For those of you keeping score, this completes #7 on my list (Run a 5K in under 29 min). So I guess I can cross that one off my list.



In some other randomness....

My fall TV is back! And I'm loving it so far.

Supernatural is 2 episodes in and this season may end up rivaling Season 1 as my favorite if the first 2 episodes are anything to go by. I love the new twist about the Angel of the Lord who has a job for Dean to do. My favorite episode ever is Faith from Season 1 which dealt with Dean and his issues of faith, so the idea of getting an entire season of that is totally awesome.

Dancing with the Stars is one of my guilty pleasure shows (yes, I admit to watching it). I held out for a few seasons, but I finally gave in, and this show is now like Crack! I have to get my weekly fix or I'm not happy. Last season was okay, but this season Maks is back! And I love me some Maks. He is partnering with Misty May-Trainer (of Olympic Beach Volleyball fame) so I hope that he has a shot to go far this time. I tend to lose some interest once Maks is gone.

The Amazing Race premiered yesterday with another awesome season. I haven't had enough time to get to know the teams well enough to decide who I think will go far, but I can tell you this just from the first episode: I am in love the Mom/Son team of Dallas and his mom (it doesn't hurt that Dallas is by far the hottest guy on the show). The "southern belle" girls aren't going to last too long unless they start playing smarter. And the Terrence/Sarah (I think) team has some serious personal issues that they needed to work out before the race.

The only one of my shows that I'm a bit disappointed in so far is Ugly Betty. I waited all summer to see who Betty was going to choose and in the end it turns out that not only did she not choose either Henry or Gio, but they both left the show! I loved me some Gio. I wasn't too impressed with the season opener, but I'll give it a few more weeks before I totally give up on the show. It still has a few of the elements that I love so much: Hilda and Justin, Mark and Amanda, Christina.

The one new show that I've fallen for this year is Fringe on Fox. I loved me some Pacey back in the day (although I was a Dawson fan) and Joshua Jackson will always be Pacey to me, so to see him playing this totally new, kind of different, darker character is a bit odd, but really fun. It's not the best show, but it is entertaining and I don't have much else to watch on Tuesday night. Plus it has a bit of the sci-fi element that I love and a bit of science as well.

Now, once Numb3rs comes back on Friday, my world will be complete. Life is never complete until you have a little Colby in your life. :)

No comments: