Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Crankies

So, it's only one week until Christmas and I am so far from being in the Christmas Mood that it's not even funny. This probably has a lot to do with the fact that (a) it's been 60 degrees for the last week so it feels more like April than December and (b) I've had so much NON-Christmas stuff to do that I haven't had time to do any of the Christmas stuff.

This NON-Christmas stuff is of the Associate Pastor Search Committee Variety because someone (Kyle) thought it would be a good idea to put me on the committee and despite someone's (Woody) assurance that we would be done by Christmas (2005) we are still looking. We keep saying that we are "being deliberate" but I think what we really mean is "slow." We did have a candidate come in this weekend, however, so we are getting somewhere. Because of said candidate, however, I basically spent ALL weekend (read Friday, Saturday, Sunday) either at church or at some function that revolved around church. I now know things about the members of my committee and my minster that I never needed to know).

Last night Woody and one of the other ladies on the committee discovered that they both had sons the same age as me and wouldn't it be great if they could set me up with them because I was such a nice young lady but I was much more mature than either of these guys and the one's business wasn't going well but he was interviewing for other jobs and well wouldn't we just make a great couple. I had, at one point, three people asking me questions and I really have no idea how I answered any of them, so who knows, I may be engaged. I'll keep you posted on that.

As if seeing these people every single night this weekend wasn't enough, I get to see them again this afternoon. I think I'm going to need some serious fast food therapy to get through this one.

On a happier note, Dean the turtle has decided to start eating again after a self imposed diet that lasted four days. Now, for most pets, not eating for four days isn't such a big deal, but when you are the size of a silver dollar (maybe....I'm not sure I know how big one of those things are, but I know he's larger than a quarter) not eating for four days is like me going a month without food. YEA for food!!!

Oh, and still no sign of Scopeman. Can you get stood up by someone that you're not even sure you like?

No comments: