Friday, December 22, 2006

Pablo the Penguin and other Randomness

So I get to work today and the fist person I see is Jeff. Jeff is one of the guys that I work with and he's probably about my father's age. Jeff is also very into the Nick Jr. show The Backyardigans (and no, he isn't married and doesn't have any kids--that I know of). Now, Jeff's obsession with The Backyardigans is as well known as my obsession with penguins so one of the ladies at work (Liz) left him two stuffed characters from The Backyardigans on his desk as a Christmas present--one was Tyrone the moose and the other was Pablo the penguin. Because he says he has too much junk at home, I got to take Pablo home with me!!! Now, I need another stuffed peguin like I need a hole in my head, but oh well. You can never have too many penguins (which is a good thing or else my family and friends might not be able to find anything to give me).
In other news, almost no one is at work today but those who are seem to think that because no one is here, talking very loudly on their cell/regular phones is appropriate behavior. I just love Christmas, don't you?

Speaking of Christmas, I've just recently learned to knit (well, okay, really my sister taught me how to knit last Christmas, but I just recently decided to put this knowledge to good use) and I'm trying frantically to finish up a few last minute gifts for people (read scarves). I wish I had a digital camera so I could post some pics of the things I've made, but sadly, that will have to wait for another time. Still, I may never knit another scarf ever again!!! I did, however, find a very lovely pattern for a squid tampon cozy at http://www.craftster.org/forum/. Why would one need a squid tampon cozy you ask? My answer: Why not?

Oh yes, and still no Scopeman. I guess we will have to wait until the new year to find out what the heck is going on...


No comments: