Saturday, March 8, 2008

In Like a Lion?

So I'm thinking this qualifies as March coming "In Like a Lion?"

And if that's not enough, last night we had Thunder Snow and Thunder Sleet. Now I have no problem with Thunder Storms. I even like them sometimes in the spring. But last night we had a full out Thunder Sleet, which is unsettling. It was thundering and lightening but instead of rain, it was sleeting so hard you couldn't see the parking lot. That was wild. Sometime after I went to bed about midnight, the sleet turned to snow, and this morning I woke up to about 4-5 inches on the ground with more falling. By the time the snow was done, we had about 6 inches on the ground in most places, with 8 in some drifts.


Just for comparison, here is a series of photos that show how my balcony looked yesterday when I got home from work, last night before I went to bed, and this morning when I got up.

At least we didn't get the full 8 inches they thought we might. And I heard that Louisville and Cincinnati got over a foot of snow, so at least that's not us. We can be thankful for small miracles I suppose.

No comments: