Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wednesday & Thursday's Menus (Days 4 & 5)

Wednesday was an interesting day. I thought lunch was taken care of (due to a luncheon at work) but it turns out the luncheon was on Thursday. That threw a wrench into things, since I didn't take anything with me to work. So.....I ended up coming home for lunch and fixing something, which then meant that I wasn't as hungry as I normally would have been for dinner. Anyway, here is what the menu looked like:

Breakfast--Cheerios w/Milk

Lunch--Grilled Cheese Sandwich, French Fries, Dill Pickle (very very yummy)

Dinner--Microwave Popcorn (maybe not so nutritious, but I wasn't too hungry so it worked out)

And then, for today, there was very little cooking. In fact, a large portion of the food I ate was free. We had a seminar this morning at work which meant free bagels, donuts, and coffee. And then there was the previously mentioned luncheon which had some wonderful food. I did cook dinner, however, even if it was just macaroni and cheese (the good homemade kind, not the out-of-the-box kind).

Breakfast--Yogurt (at home) and Donuts and Coffee (at work)

Lunch--Chicken, Potatoes, Green Beans, Salad, Chess Cake (work luncheon)

Dinner--Macaroni & Cheese (recipe follows)
  • 1 small box cooked elbow macaroni noodles
  • 1 small block of sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
  • 2 tbsp margarine
  • 2 eggs, slightly beaten
  • 2 cups milk
  • Salt & pepper to taste
  1. Mix the noodles, cheese, and margarine in a greased casserole dish.
  2. In a separate bowl, mix the eggs, milk, salt, & pepper.
  3. Pour the milk & egg mixture into the casserole dish with the noodles/cheese/margarine.
  4. Bake at 350 for 40-50 min. Let sit for about 10min before serving.
Enjoy!

No comments: