Wednesday, March 24, 2010

What in the World Happened?

So....it's been awhile. I went to Dad's and ate well. And then I came home and had left overs for a couple of days. And then I took off on a spur of the moment trip to New Orleans (which if you know me at all, you know that's nothing like me). The trip was a blast--exactly what I needed after a stressful couple of months at work. And I got to eat some really good food. But then it was back to the real world.

We got back Sunday night. I broke down and went out to eat (at Qdoba) that night since being in the car for 11 hours kind of makes you not want to cook. Breakfasts this week have been mostly cereal. And Monday & Tuesday I had to buy lunch at work since I didn't have time in the morning to fix anything. Dinners were just leftovers that were already in the fridge.

Today was the first day that I actually cooked again. Dinner consisted of pork chops from the freezer marinated in Tequila Lime 30 min Marinade and cooked under the broiler. I also mades some green beans (home grown and canned last summer) and some frozen peas. It was nice to have some real food again.

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the money situation got resolved (some what anyway) which is why I was able to afford the trip to New Orleans (which we did very cheaply). But I still like the idea of eating out of the pantry, especially since we are so close to the end of the month already. And I never realized how much food I have on hand! It's amazing what gets shuffled to the back of the pantry/freezer/fridge. I'm kind of liking the fact that I'm making more room in my kitchen for food and I hope that once I get things kind of cleared out, I can do better about not buying too much food. And, while having a nice, neat pantry is a good goal, having a nice low grocery bill will be great too.

No comments: