Tuesday, February 13, 2007

I'm Alive....I Swear!!

I realize it's been awhile since I've done this. But in all fairness, it's been awhile since I've done anything (except attend committee meetings). I've managed to (almost) survive the worst week of my year (February 7-14th) by becoming a semi-recluse and not leaving my apartment very much. It may not be the best way to cope, but hey, it works for me. If I can just make it through tomorrow, everything will be peachy. (And hey, it's a balmy 37 degrees here, so that has to count for something, right?)

In other news, I signed up for the gym yesterday so that I can begin working on that pesky New Year's goal to "run a 5K). Since Mother Nature has made it apparent that it's never going to be warm enough to run outside ever again, I decided that I may just have to suck it up and run on a treadmill for awhile. At least it is only $20 a semester. You've gotta love UK's Health and Wellness Program. I'm not all that anxious to start exercising again, but I am anxious to see how my new MP3 player works while I'm running. I even bought an arm band to use with it (since they actually make that kind of stuff for this player of mine). I still miss my old player, but I do have to admit that this one is pretty cool (I ended up with the Creative Zen Vision:M) and that going for 30G instead of 4G was the right choice. Isn't he pretty? I think I shall name him Steve.

No comments: