Friday, February 2, 2007

Hello February

So, it's February. Somehow this month just snuck up on me; I didn't have much of a chance to prepare. Prepare for what, you ask. Prepare for the worst month of the year.

Those of you who know me, know I hate February (or at least the first two weeks). Almost every horrible thing that has happened during my life has happened during February. My mom and my Granddad both died during February, one year apart (mom 2/9/03, Granddad 2/7/04). That's enough, but then we have to also go and add in Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day is the single most over-hyped holiday we have. It's sole purpose is to make money for the card/chocolate/floral industry and to remind those of us who are perpetually single on February 14th just how single we are. It ranks as one of my least favorite days of the year.

This year, however, karma has decided that just having February isn't enough, we have to add in more fun. First, we finally got that snow they've been talking about for weeks. It showed up this morning, surprising me (and the road crews, I think) with slick, snowy roads. I would have been a wonderful day to just stay home, watch TV, and knit but that was not to be. I had to come to work (which I could have skipped, since my boss is gone) and I had to go to the dentist.

Now, I'm not one to be scared of the dentist. Going to the dentist isn't one of my favorite activities, but I don't mind it all that much. However, I must have done something horrible to a dentist in another life because in the Dental Hygienist Lottery, I LOST! My dentist is great. I love her. She might possibly be the nicest person on the face of the planet. My Hygienist, however, is evil. She is, first and foremost, the slowest person on the face of the planet. Really. My turtle Dean moves faster than her. Then, she is the only hygienist I've ever visited that leaves me in pain after every visit. My gums will be swollen by lunch from all the poking and prodding and stabbing. I don't expect the visit to the dentist to be pleasant, but I don't expect it to be painful either. Oh well. I'm all done for the next six months. We should be thankful for small things I suppose.

Oh, and just in case you are wondering, I didn't get to see Supernatural last night. According to my DVR, it was supposed to air at midnight, so I had made plans to stay up and watch it late. However, when I checked the schedule on the CWKYT website, they informed me that they weren't going to air Supernatural until 1:30am. At that point, I gave up, set the VCR and DVR and went to bed. It appears that I managed to record Supernatural (I did a quick check this morning) so I guess I can slip slide my way home and watch it this afternoon.

I did get to see Ugly Betty, though, and it was good. The Alex/Alexa story line should be interesting, and I don't know what they are going to do with Bradford being in jail, but I was pleased with the episode. And, can I just say, I want Henry and Betty to get together. They are just too cute, and Henry is so much better than Walter. (I'm sure those of you who don't watch this show are very confused right now, but hey....this is my blog, and if you want to know what the hell I'm talking about, watch the show!! It's worth it, I promise.)

I also watched Grey's Anatomy, since my 9 o'clock hour was free. It was okay. I still can't really get into it this season, but I'll keep trying for my sister's sake. Nashville Star was good too. All my favorites are still there, so I'm happy......

I really want to just go home and sit on the couch and watch TV and knit. My plan was to leave at lunch, but it looks like that won't happen now. Still, hopefully I can leave around 1 before the snow causes the world to explode. It's been snowing all morning, so I know this means that by rush hour this afternoon everything will be just crazy. Gotta Love Kentucky.

No comments: