Friday, February 16, 2007

Nine Degrees

9, that's what my computer is telling me that the current temperature is outside. This is Kentucky people!!! We don't do 9 degrees at 10:30 in the morning!! All this cold weather and snow really just needs to die. I'm ready for summer. But, alas, it seems that we are supposed to get even more snow this weekend. This is the payback for those 70 degree days in January.

It is Friday, however, so that is something. This week has been long, cold, and snowy. Just the way I like to end up my worst week of the year!! But it's over now, so all's good. I may have to rethink the whole denial strategy for next year, though, since apparently it didn't work as well as I thought it did. Jackie, our cleaning lady here at work (and incidentally the nicest person on the face of the planet) noticed that something was off. Funny how that works. The people I spend the most time with didn't notice a thing but the cleaning lady who I see maybe once or twice a day picked up on stuff. Oh well.

Normally, on Fridays I have a lot to say about my Thursday night marathon TV session. I did get to see Ugly Betty this week (which I missed last week) and Nashville Star, but once again WKYT decided that I didn't need to see Supernatural until 1:30am because of a High School Basketball game. It is one the DVR, though, so I will get to see it as soon as I get home tonight. Instead, I got to watch Grey's Anatomy for the first time in awhile. I had been recording it and a few Saturdays ago I caught up on all the back episodes (although I still haven't seen last week's episode) so I wasn't totally lost. The episode was okay. Not the greatest, and certainly not the worst. They keep trying to make me think that Meridith is going to die (which might actually get me interested in this show again), but that would be too good to be true. I do have to say that my favorite part of the episode was the end where Meridith "wakes up" to find the Bomb squad guy (Kyle Chandler) and Denny (Jeffrey Dean Morgan aka Papa Winchester) there with her. That was a nice and unexpected surprise. Gotta love me some Denny!!!

Ugly Betty was okay, but they just need to hurry up and get Betty and Henry together already. They are just too cute together, and I'm tired of Betty always getting shafted. Also, the Alex/Alexis story line is getting old, fast. I feel bad for the girl/guy but did you really think that the world would be okay with you dying and coming back as a girl? Come on. But Justin singing Hair Spray on the subway? Classic. That kid deserves an Emmy. Who doesn't love some Broadway show tunes on the subway?

Now, once I've had my weekly dose of Supernatural, my week will be complete.

Oh, and I've decide to run in a 3K they are having here in Lexington on St. Pat's day. I figure a 3K is a good warm up for my 5K that I'm going to do at some point. I looked on the race schedule, and it looks like they are going to have a 5K at the state park at home in May, so that might be a good choice. We'll have to see how it goes. I did go to the gym on Wednesday, and I'm sore as hell today, but I'm going to try and run some more today anyway. I'd forgotten how much better I feel after I run (during the running, not so much--I really just want to die--but after the running, I have this great sense of accomplishment.).

No comments: