Friday, January 26, 2007

It's finally Friday

After the longest week in the history of the world (perhaps due to the fact that a good portion of my lab is only semi-speaking to me) (because that is mature and professional) it is finally Friday. Thank God!!

But, since today is Friday, that means yesterday was Thursday which means Ugly Betty!!! and Supernatural!!! and (I'm ashamed to admit this) Nashville Star. I haven't actually seen Ugly Betty yet since Jenny and went and watched the UK women lose in 2 OTs last night, but it's on the DVR and is on the slate for this weekend. I also missed the first 45 min of Supernatural (because of the 2OTs), and the DVR hates me again (I think it gets mad when it has to record Betty and SPN back to back) but I was smart this time and left the TV on channel 5 so that when I came in, it had been showing Supernatural the whole time and I could record it backwards. Me and the DVR are going to have to have some words about this.

I did get to see all of Supernatural, though, so that is good since it was one of the best episodes of the year. Really. It felt like I was watching an action movie because it was just go, go, go the whole hour. It was perhaps not the scariest episode the action and the humor more than made up for any lack of scare. And besides, who can not love hearing the word "mandroid" about fifteen times in an hour?

Nashville Star is my other (and newest) Thursday night obsession. It's the country version of American Idol, except that these guys are singer/songwriter/musicians instead of wannabe pop stars. I got sucked in on accident. The guys on the radio were talking about the show one morning, and so when Supernatural was over, I decided to just flip over and see what it was all about. I got hooked, and now I hate to miss it. Oh well. Right now my favorite is Angela Hacker with a close second being David St. Romain. It's a guilty pleasure, I know, but it's fun.

No comments: