Monday, January 22, 2007

Updates....work fun.....

So, the "issues" at work are...well...they aren't over, I'm sure of that, and I can't say they are resolved because that would mean we came to some sort of conclusion, but they are done for now, I guess. We had lab meeting today and Dr. Hall basically told everyone I'm the boss when it comes to making sure everyone follows the rules and they needed to listen to me. Then we came to the fun part of the day in which L. & Y. got to air their grievances with me in front of the rest of the lab. Shall we list them? It will be fun....

1.) I am unprofessional because I got upset (although apparently getting upset and not speaking to someone for two months is not unprofessional).

2.) I can't manage people because I don't know how to handle confrontation.

3.) I yell when I get angry.

4.) I have a problem with L. so that has clouded my judgement in all things related to L.

And my personal favorite....

5.) I am a dictator who spends all my free time sitting around thinking up ways to "persecute" the graduate students.

Who are they kidding, I spend all my free time either at church (thanks Kyle) or knitting or shopping for Yarn so I can knit. I don't have time to think up ways to "persecute" them, although that might be fun.....

Oh well, my boss is on my side, and I'm sure the rest will fall into place.

Speaking of knitting, I have the yarn and I have the head measurement, so I'm all ready to start Jenny's hat tomorrow just before tip off so that I can knit away all during the game. I'm not taking any chances this time, and if this works, I may have to see if knitting needles are on the list of banned items at Rupp.....guns, knives, brass knuckles, professional cameras or cameras with telephoto lenses, and knitting needles....

No comments: