Monday, January 8, 2007

Whatever....

That's how I feel today....just whatever. I don't know what happened. I was going along great, and then I just lost all motivation to do anything, so now I'm just all "whatever...."

In other news...I have made exactly zero progess in accomplishing any of my new years goals. I did think about starting to run again, but then it got cold!!! Yes, I know this is a crazy thing to happen in early January (gasp!) but when it was 65 degrees on New Year's Eve, a day where it never gets above 35 is cold. And while I see plenty of wonderfully fit and dedicated people out running in the cold, that's not for me. I don't like to run much at all. It hurts and I look funny, so I'm certainly not going to do something that un-fun when it's so cold outside that I won't be able to feel my ears after five minutes.

Although I could use one of the brand new Headband thingys that I knitted up the other day from the Calorimetry pattern on Knitty. I made up two of the little buggers over the Christmas break (well one over Christmas and one as soon as I got back into town). On both of them I used Pattons SWS (one was Natural Plum and the other was Natural Blue) and despite the fact that everyone over at Craftster seems to find that they knit up HUGE (!) I found that mine came out just right. Apparently my gigantor head is even more huge than I thought it was (oh well, I get it honestly, my Dad has an Enormo noggin as well). The first one (in Plum) I knit on my size 10 needles and went strickly by the pattern, the second one (Blue) I did on some size 8s since I was going to give it to my sister (who didn't inherit the Giant Head), and because I didn't allow enough space for my cast on, I only cast on 112 stitches instead of the 120 called for. The second is a bit smaller, and it actually doesn't fit as well, but the stripes came out almost perfectly semetrical, and I love the blues, so it's staying with me. Jenny can just get something else. I wish I had a camera so I could post some pics of my wonderful stuff, but alas, I am one of the four people in the world that don't have a digital, so you'll just have to use your imiginations. You can see lots of wonderful examples of this delightful little project at the Craftster Forum, however, including several of the Pattons SWS Plum variety.

No comments: